- We all know that the majority of wheelchair cushions are made of black right? This attracts heat. My advice is to put cool packs under your cushions and down your side supports. This will help and make you feel a little more comfortable.
- Attach a an umbrella to your head rest.
- when not using your chair, park it in the shade so that when you get back in it you don’t burn your bum on the cushion!
- try and opt for a breathable mesh material – unlike vinyl you won’t stick to it as much.
- attach a battery operated fan to your arm rest or control panel.
- opt for loose clothing.
- Don’t sit on your slings in your chair, it will make you sweat more.
- attach a water bottle holder within reach so that you can stay hydrated.
- Again insert cool packs into your splints if you wear them.
I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather, just make sure to stay sun safe 😊