1) If any part of your chair detaches and your airline allows try to get as much of it on the plane with you. For example, I took my backrest and footplates with me as they are custom made and they can’t get damaged.
2) Service your chair before you go. This is so you don’t meet any unwelcome hitches on your holiday,
3) Get your wheelchair insured so that if it is damaged you can claim back from the airline and won’t incur any charges or be without a chair on your holiday.
4) Make use of any assistance the airline offers you. Their there to help you.
5) Tell security if you DO have any sore points on your body. I learnt this the hard way once and was in pain for a flight.
6) Keep your pain meds in your hand luggage so you can take them if need be on the plane.
7) Take extra cushions for your seat if you need extra support. 8) Wear your flight socks. They’ll help your circulation flow.
9) Try to flex your hands and feet to stop stiffness or if you are able to walk to the toilet and back.
10) Drink plenty and try and sleep. If you’re planning to use a power chair, bring the charger and travel adaptor.
Enjoy your flight.