Appetite for innocence by Lucinda Berry. It’s so gripping.
Dear Writing community,
I apologise for not being active on my social media all my blog; I am working hard on my exercises/daily diary, cutting out inspirations for future works & my first assignments. I’ll pop in when I finally submit it & upload a nice long blog post/pics 4 U. Loving every minute of studying again.
- If you see someone struggling, you can offer help but don’t be offended if they deny your help because they want to be independent – they’ll figure out away to open that door etc.
- Don’t tell them their an inspiration – unless it’s genuine praise and not patronising – we don’t wanna hear that crap.
- Able bodied and disabled people can date!
- Don’t be prejudice, just because their disability isn’t physical doesn’t mean they don’t have one.
- Invisible illness deserve the same amount of validation as physical ones.
- Some people don’t like sharing their disability so don’t get offended if you ask someone what’s wrong with them and they don’t answer it’s because some people aren’t keen on sharing their life stories with a stranger on the bus.
- Just treat us as if we were able bodied or how you wish to be treated.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you do fall asleep – you have a genuine condition that’s exasperated by heat.p
- Try a cold bath or shower and minty fresh body scrub to stave away that groggy ‘I just got up’ feeling.
- If you’re trying to study, open a window and have a nice breeze circulate the room.
- Drink ice cold water.
- Put ice packs into cushions/ your fave seat or under your pillow – this will stop you from nodding off and cool you down
- Invest in a small fan – one that isn’t too disruptive.
- Have a 1 hour nap after lunch.
- Avoid heavy meals like carbs or roast chicken dinner. Big meals make us feel lazy and it leads us to falling asleep – graze on things like; salad and fruit and energy bars.
- Ask someone for a copy of lecture notes and then just concentrate on listening to the lecturer.
- Have a good sleep routine I.e I wake up 7:35 and then nap from 1 till 2 and then bed at 8:30
- Wear light clothes/ pyjamas
- If you know you’re going to be having a long day and night drink a high energy smoothie or have an energy drink (but these can get addictive and you’re likely to crash so, go with the smoothie
- If you want to sit outside make sure you’re sitting in the shaded area with something stimulating to do like reading or puzzles.
I hope these help and make the summer heat more manageable guys.
If you ever need encouragement, this is a positive environment. Have a great week 😀