Rock around the Christmas tree this party season like songbird, Selena Gomez. Selena is currently on a press tour promoting her new album Rare. Fans are eagerly anticipating this album after Selena said herself that this record is better than revival. (her last album four years ago￼)
Here is my ShopLook link so you can get your mittens on a sequin number similar to Selena’s without the celebrity pricetag￼￼￼.
Selena’s make up (From Wikihow)
￼ ◦ Enhance what you have, rather than trying to change it. For example, use a shimmery eyeshadow in a neutral color like bronze to draw attention to your eyes. Add a bit of peach or pink to your cheeks to make them look a bit flushed, and choose a nude or pale shade of lipstick or gloss.
◦ Only apply 1 layer of product so that you don’t have a caked on or runny appearance.
Selena wears false eyelashes when she’s on stage or at an event, but you can get a similar look every day by using a mascara that lengthens and thickens your lashes. Apply two coats of mascara, starting from your roots. Pull up through the ends, making sure that you don’t leave clumps.
◦ If you see clumps, brush them out with either your mascara wand or the wand side of an eyebrow brush.
Selena always has styled eyebrows that help frame her face. You can achieve a similar look by plucking and trimming your own eyebrows into their optimal shape. Your brows may follow a different arch from Selena’s, and you should not try to change this shape too much. Doing so could result in messy, overplucked eyebrows
Add a creamy blush to your cheeks. Choose a pink or a peach shade for a rosy, youthful glow. Apply a small amount of product, adding more if needed. It’s easier to build up color than it is to remove it. Your goal is a natural look, so use as little as possible.
◦ Even when you go for a more dramatic look, keeping your cheeks light is often best. You should accentuate just one feature, and the eyes and lips are usually what you want to make stand out.
Dust on a bit of bronzer. Bronzer warms up your skin and finishes up your look. When you apply it, shake most of the bronzer from the brush, then lightly dust it on your forehead, cheekbones, and chin-line. Don’t apply a heavy application because your goal is to just get a slight metallic shimmer.
◦ It helps to make a 3-shape with your bronzer. Start in the middle of your forehead, then loop down and across your cheekbones. Complete the “3” by looping down along your chin-line. Repeat for both sides of your face
◦ You may want to try a larger powder brush with looser bristles, which will make the dusting easier.
Plump up your lips if they’re thin. Selena has naturally plump lips, but you can temporarily plump thin lips. Try a lip plumping lip gloss that contains ingredients like peptides, spearmint, or cinnamon that will give you fuller lips for about an hour. Alternatively, you could add a few drops of cinnamon oil or peppermint oil to a dab of honey. Rub it on your lips, wait 1 to 2 minutes as it tingles, and then wipe it off with a damp clean cloth.
◦ You can also mix powdered cinnamon into petroleum jelly. Apply it to your lips, wait 1 to 2 minutes, and then remove it with a damp clean cloth.
◦ Keeping your lips hydrated with a lip balm will keep them looking as plump possible. You can also buff them with a toothbrush no more than once a day.
Consider going brunette. Selena usually wears her hair dark brown or black, though she occasionally gets warm caramel highlights. If you don’t have dark hair, then applying a hair color could help you get a look that’s closer to Selena’s. However, you don’t have to look exactly like Selena, so only dye your hair if you truly like the look.