Essentials for quarantine:
- Comfy clothes and slippers – it’s hardly going to be an opportunity to flaunt your latest ASOS/Zahra purchases
- Put your hair in a messy bun
- Make sure that you have access to Wi-Fi (maybe spring for a Disney+ subscription/Netflix?) make sure you ring your relatives at least once a week to check that they are okay.
- Hand sanitizers (hand cream for afterwards otherwise your hands will get very chapped – I recommend Nivea)
- A comfy blanket/ Space where you’re able to relax
- Keep the windows open as fresh air helps with mental health – if you have a garden I would recommend chilling out there on a sunny day.
- Make sure that you have loads of favourite snacks/hot beverages
- If you’re in University, studying for your GCSEs and A-levels try and follow your normal timetable at home and devote the number of hours that you would’ve been in class do your revision or homework
- A mood boosting playlist/ A bedtime playlist and maybe a scented candle or some essential oils to help you wind down in the evening.
- Try and stick to your normal routine as much as you can for example get up at the same time, shower, breakfast, eat lunch at the same time, have dinner at the same time and go to bed at a reasonable hour.
- I know it’s tempting when you’re at home to just binge on your favourite sugary snacks but try when you go to the supermarket to meal plan for the week and think am I making enough for leftovers for the next day so I’m not wasting food?
Things I like to do during the day:
- Play Stardew Valley
- Read and review books for netgalley with my kindle and blog
- Spend an hour doing my Duolingo course
- Write for 20 minutes each day using the writers forum daily prompts that come with the latest issue and that intern helps me motivate myself to want to write my next university assignment.
- I tend to watch a Disney movie before I go to bed as they make me happy
Stay safe everyone. Please adhere to the rules so that we may bounce back from this pandemic quicker and obviously my thoughts and sympathies go out to the frontline workers and those who have lost their lives and ultimately tearing apart the families because of this awful virus.