1) Mr Bright side by The Killers
2) She’s so lovely by Scouting for girls
3) Champion by Carrie Underwood
4) Fire starter by Demi Lovato
5) Confident by Demi Lovato
6) One more night by Maroon 5
7) 9-5 by Dolly Parton
8) It’s my party by Jessie J
9) 2002 by Anne Marie
10) The Greatest show by TGS
11) Sneakernight by Vanessa Hudgens
12) So what by Pink
13) Dancing Queen by ABBA
14) If I can’t have you by Demi Lovato
15) Far from over by Frank Stallone
16) Anything Elvis
17) Anything Cher
Here’s a collection of songs that will keep me going all week
- Who runs the world? by Beyoncé
- Salute by Little Mix
- The way you make me feel by Michael Jackson
- Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars
- Two doors down by Dolly Parton
- This is Me by keala Settle
- No scrubs by TLC
- Survivor by Destiny’s child
- Independent Woman by Destiny’s child
- Head above water by Avril Lavgine
- Priceless by Sheridan Smith
- Voices in my head by Ashley Tisdale
- I really don’t care by Demi Lovato
- Fall in line by Demi and Xtina
- Sorry not sorry by Demi Lovato
- I like it by Cardi B
- Taki Taki by Cardi B
- Most girls by Pink!
- Mr Know it all by Kelly Clarkson
- Walking on Sunshine. Cher cover
As Carefree and Consequence is set in the fifties, one thing that inspired me most was the music of the era. It helped me immerse myself in the world of my characters, especially when writing difficult and emotional scenes, below is what I listened too:
- Blue Moon – Sha Nana
- Memories are made of this – Dean Martin
- Magic moments – Perry Como
- When I fall in love – Michael Buble
- Dream Baby Dream – Daisy Wood Davies
- In the still of the night – The Satins
- Be My Baby – The Ronettes
- Young love – Tab Hunte
- Jump, Jive and Wail – Louis Prima
- Baby Lover – Petula Clark
Do any of you listen to music when you write?
In no particular order..
- John Travolta – okay so, I fell in love with John Travolta when he played Edna Turnblad in my favourite musical, Hairspray. Since then I’m a die hard fan and I’ll tell you why, I was thirteen and my relationship with my dad was in a bad place and my stepfather is like a big brother. So after watching Look Who’s talking he’s taken on my ‘ideal dad’ role. Plus he’s a pilot and that’s fucking awesome. I have the majority of his movies and tv show both on dvd and digital. Favourite movie? It has to be Face/Off, that movie is so under rated. Craziest things I’ve done? Bid £100 for one of the suits he wore in face/off and I’ve written to him and didn’t speak to my mum for a week after she couldn’t take me to Drury Lane Theater when he was doing a candid interview on his sixtieth birthday. Oh! I also have ‘borrowed’ my Auntie’s Grease DVD and asked her to order me Welcome Back Kotter Season one from Canada for Christmas. Cannot wait to see Gotti! John, if you’re reading this, thanks for being there when I need cheering up and being such a huge influence in my life!
- Demi Lovato – I have officially have been a lovatic since 2013. Demi helped me realised that I liked women and men. Her vocals are the best this generation has. She’s so refreshingly honest and candid about her journey. My fave album is definitely ‘Tell me you love me’ it’s off the charts. But, her song would have to be ‘Warrior’ just because of the message. Lovato is overalls sexy bad ass and it’s a privilege to have her music flowing through my earphones. FACT: confident was my morning alarm all the way through my A levels… cannot wait for! D7 Sorry Not Sorry😉
- Kelly Preston – Um have you seen the She will be loved music video?! Also love that she’s so charitable and just a cutie… I especially love her movie Mischief and for those who haven’t watched it, WATCH IT and those that have know what I’m talking about – it’s s very perky movie.
- Zac Efron – My first crush. I’ve loved him since 2004 and have loved watching him blossom as a person and actor. My favourite movie? Me and The Orson Wells. Whilst my future husband is a comedy king I’d love him to do more dramatic pieces where his acting shines. I mean, have you seen Parkland, At any Price and Liberal Arts and CSC Cannot wait for the Ted Bundy movie!! BTW I play rewrite the stars before bed and imagine that I’m Zendaya… ❤️ Love that he’s so adventurous, an animal lover, a sex god and that he too has been open about his struggles with fame.
- Michael Bublé – I was thirteen when I discovered Bublé through an iTunes free gift. The Hollywood album is definitely my fave. I love when he swears in interviews it’s just so sexy as well as having a voice like melted caramel. So glad Noah has kicked cancer’s ass, he’s a superhero. I love that Michael puts his family first and has stayed so grounded. Is it nice that he’s making a new record?! Hell yes! But he’s very much a family man but family happiness comes first. Mike, if you’re reading this congrats on your baby girl! FACT: I enjoy my Bublé with a crisp white wine and silk Pjs.
If any of you lovely people on this list are reading this, THANK YOU ☺️
Hope you enjoyed this post!
Need some positivity throughout your day? Well below is list of all my upbeat bops!
- Anything by ABBA
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina and the waves
- Confident – Demi Lovato
- Champion – Carrie Underwood
- Independent part one – Destiny’s Child.
- Spotlight – Jenifer Hudson
- Man I feel like a woman – Shania Twain
- Anything from The Greatest Showman
- Warrior – Demi Lovato
- A dream is a wish your heart makes – Cinderella
- Weight of the world – Rion Paige
- Good morning Baltimore – Nikki Blonsky
- Set my dreams to music – John Travolta
- Hungry eyes – Eric Carmen
- Catch me – Demi Lovato
What songs make you feel better?